Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brotherly Love

Mackenzie went on her first official sleep over last night at her best friend's house. As you can imagine she was so excited and was counting down the hours until she could be dropped off. The girls had their whole night planned and were super excited.

Now Dylan on the other hand . . . he was so super sad that his sister was going somewhere he was not. He understood why he couldn't go, but it didn't help the situation. He pouted and whined when we dropped her off and the entire night kept asking when she would be home. Enough to drive me crazy and I decided that Mackenzie may never go on another sleep over unless her brother goes too - ok - I guess that's not fair to her. But seriously I wanted to scream by the 23rd time he asked how much longer till his sister comes home. C'mon dude - you should enjoy the "only child" time with your mommy and daddy! We took him out to dinner, he got to go to his favorite store Target and buy a toy, and I let him stay up late and play video games with his dad! He enjoyed all these activities but he always remembered someone was missing!

Then, at 6:10 the next morning I hear sobbing coming from his room. I open the door to ask why he was crying big crocodile tears and his response? "I miss my sister!" Seriously? I explained she would be back that afternoon and that he would be ok. Later that day I asked why he was crying so much and he said, "She's my sister and I just love her so much!"

So sweet. I have to type these posts so that I can remember how much he loves her because I know there will come a day when he won't want anything to do with her! I hope that's not for a long time.

2 comments:

WackyMamma said...

Dylan is sooooo sweet! This is such a precious blog entry!

xo

Unknown said...

what are you feeding these kids? i've never heard such a thing come from a little boy in regards to his sister. he has such love for her. you must be doing something right woman! such sweet children you have :-)