Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hair?

For those of you who remember, Dylan did not have any hair until he was about a year old. He did not get his first haircut until he was about 18 months old. I used to call him my little bald boy.


See my peach fuzz? I just turned one in this picture.



Once he started growing his hair, I have been the one to take him to get his haircut. I was too afraid to let Will or my dad take him since they like their hair "squared away" - like a "military haircut". Everytime Dylan would come home from getting a haircut, he would be "inspected" by dad and papa and both would say "I thought you took him to get a haircut." They both disapproved of my nice little boy haircut. It was always too long and not "squared away".


So on Monday I took him to get his haircut and had a moment of insanity. When we get his haircut they always ask if I want clippers or a scissor cut. I'm not sure what came over me, but I said yes to the clippers. And this is what we have:






The minute those clippers hit his head and I saw all that hair on the floor I was in full regret!

Of course when daddy and papa saw his new haircut, they approved very much and said, "Finally, a real haircut!"

Now he no longer looks like my cute innocent baby boy, but a rough and tumble rugrat who loves to get into things! Well, at least it will grow back. Enjoy daddy and papa because it may be a long while before you get this look again!

3 comments:

NixonsMamma said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Girl, if you use clippers, you can do it yourself, for free! :)

I'll show ya.

Aw... Dylan looks so cute! and stylish for Summer!

xo.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable. Perfect for summer swimming.

Julie

kamahiclan said...

Too cute! He looks so much older!

Isn't it amazing how the buzz cut immediately makes them look like little rascals? I let Isaac get a buzz last time, and he looked so mischievous.