Thursday, December 31, 2009

Grandma Hiroko


I can't believe that it will be eight years this February since my mom has passed away. There are days where it felt like just yesterday I was eating her yummy food and going shopping with her.

The thing that breaks my heart more than anything is that she was not here long enough to meet Mackenzie and Dylan. They would have brought her so much joy! Although neither children have met her, they always talk to her when we go visit her at the cemetery. It's very sweet to hear them. In the beginning it used to bring me to tears, but now I can sit and listen with a smile.

There are days when I really miss her. I wish I could get a recipe, or eat some delicious Japanese food she made. Days when I want to ask her "Was I like that when I was little!!?!?" And days where I could just drop them off to be with their obaachan! But most of all, I would have loved to witness the true love between an obaachan and her grandchildren.

I miss you mom! Thanks for making me the person I am today. Your legacy will continue on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,
Your mom is looking down on you and the family you created and is so proud. She will always love you.

Julie
xoxox

kamahiclan said...

Touching post, Diane. I can't believe it has been 8 years already. I know she would be proud of you and the job you are doing as a mother!

Unknown said...

i had no idea your Mom passed away. i'm so sorry to hear that. i still remember the day where i went to your house and your Dad made me take off my shoes at the door. i also remember the WONDERFUL tasting food your Mom made. it's funny the things you remember.