Friday, January 22, 2010

FINALLY

What a great snow day! We finally took the kids to Mt. Laguna for a day in the snow. It was absolutely perfect. There was easily at least 3 feet of snow on the ground. It snowed the entire time we were there - beautiful white powder. It was serene and breathe taking. I would have loved to have a cabin there and spend the night. Something about being in the quiet mountains and watching the snow fall. Just entering Mount Laguna.


You should have heard the squeals in the car when they realized it was snow that was hitting the windshield. Mackenzie kept asking if it was real and wanted to pull over the minute she saw it. I think she was afraid it would disappear before she had the chance to touch it! She kept saying, "I think this is a good spot to play."

Once we got all the gear on (which I was glad I did not have to do on a daily basis) and I let them out of the truck they were like wild animals. Romping around squealing and laughing. The kids had a blast and lasted much longer than I expected in the 29 degree weather with a windchill. It was so fun to watch them. They tried so many things. They laid in it and watched the snow fall onto their faces, they stuck their whole heads into the snow, caught snowflakes with their tongues, tried to make a snowman (snow wasn't wet or hard enough) sledded, rolled down the hills, ran down the hills, and any thing else you could imagine. They loved it all and were so sad when it was time to leave. No one complained once about it being cold!

On the way out of Mount Laguna we also stopped in Pine Valley for a little more snow. There wasn't as much there, maybe 4 inches or so, but they didn't care!

I was glad I took the day off to go play with my kids and see their big smiles. It was so worth it! Of course we all want to go back for some more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a blast. Glad to hear it!

Julie
xoxox

WackyMamma said...

What a fun trip!!! I can't believe that's REAL snow! I haven't seen that for YEARS!!!

I wonder what Nix would do in snow! :)

You're a great Mommy!
xo.