Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Today the kids watched the play Beauty and the Beast at the Prado in Balboa Park. It was directed by the most talented Rayme Sciaroni who is a friend of Eunice and Karen. We have seen a couple of plays directed by him and he is amazing!

Both of my kids love plays/musicals and I am so happy. I have many fond memories of watching plays with my mom in Japan as a kid. It was one of our favorite things to do and I am glad I am able to share that with my own kids.

The thing that I love the most about going to see a play with my kids is watching them watch the play. I love to see the expression on their faces and the joy with which they watch the play.

Today as we watched Beauty and the Beast,there is a scene when the Beast lets Belle go back to her father and no longer holds her captive. The Beast needs Belle to love him, but he cares about her so much that he lets her go back to her dad. At that moment Dylan leans into me and very sadly concerned said, "Oh, he never gets to say I'm sorry to Belle." He was so sad - I told him not to worry that she will be back.

Then later on when the spell is finally broken and all of the "things" in the castle are turned human again, Dylan is the first one to clap loudly! He was so excited that it all ended happily. He was grinning from ear to ear and at one point was standing and clapping so loudly with excitement. The look on his face was so sweet! I am so glad that he is a softie with a big heart! He looks tough and all boy - but he has such a sweet spirit! Love him!

When the play was over, Dylan wanted his picture taken with every character he could find!



Dylan and the Beast



Dylan and Gaston


Lumiere and Cogsworth



All of us with Belle and the Director







Babette the Featherduster




Kenzie as Chip




Dylan as Chip

1 comment:

Leslie Broussard said...

Wow! What a sweet boy! To see a child's emotion is truly an awesome experience. I'm so grateful Brytin has a heart of gold, similar to Dylan :)