Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day




I got such a creative Mother's Day present this year from Mackenzie. I heard her early this Mother's Day morning rustling in her room as I lay in bed trying to wipe the cobwebs from my eyes. (I stayed up way to late watching Criminal Minds - that is a whole other subject!)

When I rolled out of bed half hour later she brought me this homemade box decorated with cute pictures. When I opened it, it contained the following: a real peanut, a silk flower, and a stick of gum. I smiled and thought it was an odd concoction until she said, "The peanut is because I'm nuts about you. The flower is because I think you are beautiful. And the gum is because I will always stick with you!" I was blown away by her creativity. Will and I looked at each other with amazement.






Mackenzie is constantly creating, drawing, making, writing and doing something crafty. She is happiest in her room with markers, glue, stapler, tape, glitter and crayons. Maybe one day she will make a name for herself! The next Martha Stewart . . . well . . . minus the jail time please!

1 comment:

WackyMamma said...

WOW!!!! this made me tear up! so special! The BEST Mother's Day gift- ever!