Monday, July 20, 2009

Beach Time!

OK, for those of you who know me well, know that I have never been a big fan of the beach. I've been a handful of times in the last 10 years. Well, I'm a changed woman now! I've had soooo much fun at our last 2 outings at the beach. I'm not sure if it's because my kids are at such a great age and I enjoy seeing how happy they are when they get to just frolic at the beach for hours. Or, if I've finally become a native San Diegan who appreciates the beach?!? Regardless, Will and I decided it's cheap entertainment that we would like to do once a week during the summer! We are going to become beach bums!

Today we went to La Jolla shores and waded with at least 100 leopard sharks! It was SOOOO awesome! They just swam between our legs and brushed up against us. It was AMAZING. We saw sting rays and fish too. I was in awe! Why haven't I appreciated this beautiful place before?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to tell you before how much fun it is at the beach. Glad you guys are enjoying it now. It is GREAT fun for the kids isn't it?

Julie

NixonsMamma said...

Sharks?!?!? yikes!!!
The kids must've felt like you spent BUCKS to have those sharks come play! Kinda like a Sea World exhibit!

That's awesome!
D & K look BEYOND happy!

xo.