Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We Did It!!!

Drum roll please . . . . . .

Dylan is potty trained! For those of you who didn't know, he has been dragging his feet about becoming a "big boy". Since his third birthday, we have been looking and purchasing big boy underwear. He loved to buy them and look at them as long as they were in his dresser drawer and not on him. I tried razzle-dazzling him about how wonderful it would be and the toy I would buy him and his response was "No thank you. I don't want to be a big boy. I don't want a toy. I like my diaper." In fact of late, he would comment on wanting to be a baby again. The conversation went something like this:

Dylan: When will I be a baby again?
Mommy: Never honey, you will only get bigger and bigger.
Dylan: Never, ever? Aaaww.
Mommy: I know it's sad isn't it? Mommy wished I could stop you from growing up too!
Dylan: Me too!!!

I don't know if this is because we changed his crib to a toddler bed, threw out the sippy cups, and now trying to force the underwear!

I knew he was ready because he had all the signs of being ready, but I think he just dug in his heels. So, Monday morning I put the underwear on and that was that. Two accidents the first day and nothing more since then.

Hooray Dylan! Mommy's proud of you! And don't worry, you'll always be my little baby boy!

1 comment:

NixonsMamma said...

What an incredible hulk!!!! :) i love this story!!!