Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Obsession

This post is for you Tiffy . . .

I have an obsession with hairbows. Isn't that the first step in addiction? You have to admit you have a problem? Ok Tiffers, cat's out of the bag. I said it. I LOVE hairbows! Tiff thinks I need counseling for my bow addiction.


Ever since Mackenzie got hair long enough to stick a bow in it, she has never left the house without a bow to match her outfit. I had the perfect bow to match every outfit in her closet. I had my favorite bow makers on Ebay bookmarked so that when she did get a new outfit and I did not have the coordinating bow - with one click the problem was solved. We often would get comments from people on how adorable the bows in her hair were. I was one proud mama!

Then it slowly happened. Mackenzie started to become particular about what was going in her hair, and how she was going to wear her hair. Oh no - it's another one of those growing pain moments. No - not for her - for me!

I LOVED those adorable bows. I think she looks so cute and well groomed might I add with a coordinating bow. Well, Mackenzie has been thinking otherwise. She is not into looking "cute". She would like to look "stylish". Stylish? At seven?

Well, there are some battles you don't pick, and this is one of them. I know she needs to develop her own style - and she isn't that cute little toddler that I can dress and accessorize as I please. At least she wanted to keep a few smaller bows for when she gets dressed up. So those of you who have little girls - have fun while they are little because one day all those cute bows are out the window!

1 comment:

kamahiclan said...

It hurts, doesn't it? Better get working on another girl!