Friday, February 20, 2009

Sisterly Love


I have to post this because I know one day Mackenzie will be quite annoyed with her little brother in those dreaded teenager years. Right now I am so lucky that they adore each other and get along pretty well. Ten years down the road I will have to make her read this blog.


I am very lucky to have Mackenzie go to school with me. It's one of the best decisions I've made. I get to see her everyday and be involved with activities at school. I also get the inside scoop on her friends and what happens in her own classroom. (Thanks Linda! You're the best!)

So . . .
Towards the end of the day Linda called to let me in on the love Mackenzie has for her brother Dylan. Mackenzie was allowed to go to the treasure box and pick out a prize. She picked out two things and asked her teacher if she could take one home for her brother. Linda told her not this time and Mackenzie went back to the prize box and contemplated the situation. After looking over the two contents in her hand, she put her prize back into the box and decided to take a little matchbox car for her brother. She told her teacher that she wanted the car for her brother and it was okay if she didn't get anything.


So when it was time to go home and pick up her brother, Mackenzie was SO excited to see Dylan. She was bursting with pride and joy over the matchbox car she chose for her little brother. The minute she saw him she quickly announced that she had a surprise for him! Of course Dylan adores his big sister and with great enthusiasm himself says, "Weally? Fo me???!! Both kids were so happy and their smiles were priceless.
Later on I told Mackenzie how sweet that was of her. She told me she really wanted this gummy thing (didn't quite understand what it was). But, she knew how happy her brother would be if she got him a car. "You know mama, Dilly just loves those cars and I knew he would really like this blue one!" Moments like these just melt my heart. I hope they will always love each other and look out for each other as they grow.

4 comments:

Mrs. Faucher's Class said...

Diane,
You are such a wonderful mom! You teach your kids very valuable life lessons.

Julie
xoxox

Mrs. Faucher's Class said...

Diane,
You are such a wonderful mom! You teach your children such valuable life lessons.

Julie
xoxox

kamahiclan said...

I wish my kids adored each other like yours do! I'm jealous!!!

NixonsMamma said...

That's adorable, Diane!!! She is such a sweety!

I'm an older sister to my brother and I never thought twice about getting him a gift instead of myself! haaa!

xoxo.